Guillermo, professional chef, returns to show us a winner from his restaurant, stable in his menu because clients keep ordering it! You will be surprise by this recipe because it is delicious and really easy. This recipe is for a person (approximate)
- Goat cheese
- 1/2 onion – 1 onion
- Bacon (150g)
- Beef broth
- 250g gnocchi
- Soy sauce
- Special recipe cherries
- Mince the chives, we will use them at the end for plating.
- Cut 3 medallions of the goat cheese. Add some oil in the pan and sear them on a hot pan 180Cº-220Cº. You only need to sear one side for 1 minute to get a beautiful color. Put them aside.
- Mince the onion (or cut it brunoise). Heat the pan to 250Cº and sear it with some oil. Put the onion in the pan and don’t shake it or add salt until after 30 seconds to a minute. Cook for five minutes until golden
- Add the bacon to the onion and cook together for 10 minutes at 120Cº-140Cº. Add some oregano, if you have fresh herbs it is better. Also add a couple of spoons of beef broth. Put it on a bowl and put aside.
- Cook the gnocchi with some oil at 180Cº-200Cº for 5 minutes. Like before, don’t stir them at the beginning. Take them out and put aside.
- Return the onion and bacon to the pan and reheat at 130Cº-140Cº for 3-4 minutes. Add the gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes at 160Cº-180Cº. Add more of the broth (4-5 spoons). Keep cooking for 3-4 minutes and add some soy sauce (1 teaspoon). Finish with some more oregano.
- Plate with some dried tomatos (recipe after).Don’t put all the tomatoes at the end, and them while transfering the content of the pan. Finish it with the goat cheese and the chives (ideally some basil as well).
I hope you enjoy! They were delicious.
Steps for the cherries
- Cut the tomatoes in half. If you preffer bigger tomatoes cut them and remove the seeds.
- Put them in a bowl with salt (thick or maldon)
- Add oil with basil. This oil include the green part of leeks (clean them thoroughly) burnt in the oven and grinned.
- Add other spices like oregano or cumin and a tiny bit of sugar.
- Cook for 40 min – 1 hour at 140Cº in the oven.
- You can keep them longer in the fridge if you cover them with extra oil.