This recipe will fill your home with a delicious aroma that will stay for hours! It uses amazing ingredients to create the best ribs in a pan you can make. I would highly recommend this recipe for surprising someone or a celebration.
- Ribs (what you can fit in your pan)
- Olive oil
- Garlic (I used 2 cloves)
- Shallot (I used 1)
- Ginger (fresh if possible)
- Cayena peppers/chilli flakes
- Soy sauce (I used about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup of beef or chicken stock
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- Salt and pepper
- Start by heating a pan with olive oil up to 200Cº-220Cº
- While it heats, add salt and pepper to your ribs, both sides.
- Also, we are going to prepare the spices: crush the garlic, chop the shallot and slice some ginger.
- Once your pan is hot cook the ribs 3-4 minutes per side till they caramelise and turn brown. Lower the fire and let it cool down (180Cº)
- When the pan is cold you can add the spices. If you add them too early you might burn them.
- Add the soy sauce, the stock, the wine and the honey. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 30 minutes (more optionally, the longer the better).
- Turn and repeat.
- Now is time to cook without the lid to reduce the sauce. IMPORTANT: Keep an eye on the temperature, it should stay between 95Cº-105Cº (boiling of the liquids). If it raises it means that the liquid is gone and it will skyrocket easily and burn the spices. Don’t let that happen.
- Once the sauce is thicker and sticky you can plate and enjoy your ribs!