Bananas are great with chocolate or cinnamon. This sweet empanadas are a perfect (and somewhat healthy) snack.
- 4 ripe bananas
- Nutella or cinnamon
- Butter at room temperature or other fat (a couple of spoons)
- 100g flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 50g milk
- Cut the bananas, you don’t need to worry too much about the size because we will cook them.
- Add a bit of butter in a pan and start heating it. Cook the banana at 80Cº-100Cº for 8-10 minutes or until it becomes homogeneous and spreadable. Let it cool on a dish.
- Put in a bowl the flour, the egg yolk, sugar (I added 15g) and the yeast. Mix it with a spatula.
- Warm the milk in the microwave, add it and keep mixing. Switch to knitting the dough with your hands.
- Add a spoon of butter and continue knitting. Once it doesn’t stick and it is homogeneous divide the dough in 4 (I made 4 small empanadas) and knit each portion. Cover and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough until they get the desired thickness, mines we quite thin. Add the banana and the Nutella or cinnamon (or other ingredients). Close the empanadas and seal them with a fork. Let them rest for 40 min.
- Heat a pan at 160Cº-180Cº with a bit of butter. Cook the empanadas for 5 minutes each side with the lid.
- Ready to enjoy!