Best fresh out of the pan, filled with vanilla custard. Fun to make and creamy inside with every bite, are you ready to try?
- 160 g milk
- 50 g sugar
- 5 g dry yeast
- 350g flour (sifted)
- 1 egg
- 40 g butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 45 g sugar
- 25 g corn starch
- 350 g milk
- 50 g cream
- Vanilla extract
- We are going to start with mixing the yeast and the milk. I would recommend you to heat it up a bit, my dough was too cold and didn’t rise as it should have. Add the sugar and a pinch of salt and mix.
- Transfer it to a big bowl, add the flour and the egg and mix with a spatula.
- Add the butter and start kneading the dough. Place it on a floured table and work it for 15-20 minutes and let it rest for 1 hour or until it doubles the size.
- In the meanwhile, we are going to prepare the custard. Mix the egg yolks with sugar. Add the corn starch and mix.
- Heat the milk and the cream in the pan to 85Cº for 5 minutes.
- Add the mix into the egg yolk bowl slowly while mixing it. Once you have add it all put it back into the pan and cook it till it thickens.
- Put it in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Knead the dough and spread it thin with a rolling pin. With a cookie cutter prepare the donuts. Let them rest before cooking.
- Heat a pan with oil at 200Cº-220Cº. Fry them for 1,5 minutes each side. They will golden and inflate.
- If you want, take them out into a mix of sugar and cinnamon to cover them.
- With a chopstick, make a small whole in each donut. Put the pudding into a pipping bag and fill the donut with the cream.