Something warm a yummy for this winter days that will delight everyone. I would say that this is the easiest version of an apple cake you could find.
- 2 apples
- 150g Flour (sifted)
- 85g + 25g Brown sugar
- 100g Butter
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Mix the flour with the sugar (85g), add butter and a pinch of salt. Mix it with your hands until you get a crumble texture.
- Cook the crumble at 160Cº-180Cº for 10-12 min. don’t forget to stir it from time to time.
- In the meanwhile, you can chop the apples. I didn’t peel them since I think the skin gives it some extra flavour.
- Take the crumbs out of the pan. Now is time to cook the apple. Start at 100Cº for 7 minutes with the lid. When the apples are soft, remove the lid and cook until the liquid evaporates, which took me 4 minutes.
- Once there is no liquid, put the crumbles back and stir it, heat them for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm with cinnamon and powdered sugar.