Steaks are the kings of the kitchen and we were nervous about making it. During the cooking process we learned a couple of things that I will explain in the notes at the end of the blog
- 2 steaks (they were 300g-350g each, one was 3cm aprox. and the other 3,5 cm more or less)
- Take the steaks out of the fridge at least 30 min before cooking.
- Add salt and pepper to both sides of the steak.
- Heat a pan with oil to 220Cº.
- Put the steak in carefully. Since they were different in thickness, we decided to cook one for 3 minutes each side and the other one 5 minutes.
- While it is cooking, crush two garlic cloves and add them to the pan. You don’t need to peel them.
- Take some rosemary and add it to the pan.
- After the time has passed, turn the steaks.
- After the right amount of time, tilt the pan and render the fat of the side for 30s to 1 minute.
- Let them rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
When we introduced the meat in the pan it was at 220Cº, so nice and hot. That is why that side of the meat looks gorgeous. However, the temperature dropped to 180Cº-170Cº and our stove was unable to heat the pan even though it was at maximum. Because of this, we had the feeling that the second piece (the one of the 5 minutes per side) didn’t have the same color or texture as the other one, even though the cooking level was similar. It had been cook at a lower temperature for longer. Therefore, it might be better to cook one at the time if you don’t have a powerfull stove.