I grew up watching Doraemon, if you don’t know it, it is a Japanese TV show featuring a cosmic cat from the future that helps a kid. This blue and white cat loves the Dorayakis. This is a easy recipe that might remind you of crepes or pancakes.
- 2 L eggs
- 70g sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 80 g flour (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix the two eggs with the sugar in a bowl.
- Add the spoon of honey and mix, I would recommend you to heat a bit the honey to make it easier to mix.
- In another bowl, sift the flour and add the baking powder. Add it to the honey-egg mix in 2 or 3 goes.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile heat a pan to 160Cº-170Cº. With a paper add some oil. Any drop of oil will leave a “stain” in the beautiful smooth surface of the dorayaki.
- After the time has past and the pan is hot, add a big scoop (it needs to be the same amount always). Let it cook for 3-4 minutes or until you see a lot of bubbles in the surface and the dorayaki releases from the pan easily.
- Turn it and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Take it out and repeat for the other shell. While it cooks, add the nutella. The original recipe uses this bean paste named anko.
- Place the top shell on the dorayaki and enjoy!