Chestnuts are in season, at least here in Spain. We wanted to try something new and different from the traditional roasting. We discovered this traditional recipe that we want to share with you. Enjoy.
- 500 g of chestnuts
- 2 glasses of water
- 2-3 big spoons of honey
- Wash the chestnuts in water.
- Make a small cut in the rounded side. This will prevent them from exploding, so don’t forget to score them all!
- Place them with the rounded side up in a pan. Add water to cover the pan surface. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Steam the chestnuts. This is cooking with a air temperature of 90Cº-95Cº until all the water evaporates.
- In the other glass of water add 2 or 3 spoons of honey and mix it well.
- Once all the water has evaporated from the pan, add the mix of water and honey and keep steaming.
- When almost all the water has been evaporated you can stir the chestnuts to cover them with the honey.
- Plate and let it cool down a bit before eating.