As a child, the pop corn at the cinema were as good as the movie per se. However, when I was looking for this recipe I found two different methods for this crunchy snack. Which one is best? We tested both.
- 50 g of corn kernels (each)
- 50 g of sugar (each)
- 2 tablespoons of oil (each)
- 50g of water (method 2)
- Pinch of salt
Steps method 1
- Mix the sugar with the food colouring
- Heat the pan, pop corn pops when the air temperature is between 110Cº-120Cº
- Add two tablespoons of oil
- Add the corn kernels, the sugar and cover. Shake from time to time
- The pop corn will be ready when you don’t hear any pops for 3 seconds
- Put in a bowl and mix, optionally you can break the blocks.
- You can also add a pinch of salt
Steps method 2
- Put two spoons of oil in the pan and heat up until the air reaches 110Cº-120Cº.
- Add the kernels and let them pop. Shake the pan from time to time.
- Remove the pop corn and place in a bowl. Put aside.
- In the same pan, add the water and the sugar, stir by shaking the pan and let it heat up to 115Cº. Add the food coloring at the end.
- Pour the syrup over the pop corn and stir to cover them all. Let them cool down.
- You can also add some salt