This snack is typical from Spain. You won’t find a shorter ingredient list in almost any recipe. Sweet, crunchy and warm if you eat them fresh… you won’t be able to stop yourself, I tell you from experience.
- 125g of water
- 125g of sugar
- 100g raw almonds with the skin
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Put all the ingredients in the pan and mix them.
- Heat the pan to 100Cº-110Cº, stir constantly the mix. It will create a foam, that is a good sign. IMPORTANT: don’t use metal equipment or it will burn you.
- Once all the water is evaporated the mix will cristalice and look like sand. Now you can increase the heat to 160Cº-180Cº
- Now the caramel will melt and you can make sure that it covers the almonds and they don’t stick to each other
- Plate separating them so they don’t stick together. Wait before eating because they are really hot!