Have you ever tried a real pasta carbonara? Technically, it doesn’t contain milk or cream in the milk and it is made out of egg yolks. Ready to try it?
- 150g -200g pancetta
- 40g Parmesan cheese (+ plating)
- 3 L egg yolks
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g pasta.
- Cut the skin of the pancetta and put it in a pan. Heat the pan up to 240Cº
- Dice the pancetta.
- Peel the garlic and crush it. Add it to the pan with the pancetta.
- Cook the pancetta between 180Cº-230Cº for 10 minutes aprox. If you are above 200Cº keep a close eye and stir often. You can boil the pasta while you cook the pancetta.
- Mix the yolks with the Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper
- Turn the stove off and let it cool down. You can do it faster by removing it from the stove
- Remove the garlic and the pancetta skin
- Transfer the pasta to the pan, don’t worry if it is wet or you add some water, it will help to cool down the pan. Keep the water that you used for boiling
- Once the pan is between 65Cº-70Cº you can add the yolk and cheese mix and stir.
- If the sauce is too thick add some of the water that you used for boiling the pasta
- Plate with some extra cheese and herbs such as oregano.