Do you love fluffy and playful deserts or breakfasts? Wanting to surprise someone special? This is for you!. This recipe was suggested by a friend of ours. Enjoy!
- 2 L eggs
- 22 g of milk
- 30g of flour, sieve it before use
- 2 g of baking powder
- 25 g of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare all your ingredients. Siege the flour and separate the eggs from the yolks. Put the egg whites in the freezer or fridge
- Whisk the egg yolks and add the vanilla.
- Add the flour and the baking powder and mix. Put aside.
- Start whisking the egg whites, which will be cold. You can do it manually or with a machine.
- Once it is a foam, start adding sugar. Don’t do it all at once, add 1/3 and whisk. Repeat till you mix it all.
- Stop whisking once you get stiff peaks (check the video for more information)
- Start heating you pan at 150Cº. Use a brush or a paper towel to spread some oil.
- Mix the egg whites with the yolk mix. Add 1/3 and mix carefully till the color is uniform. Repeat for the other 2/3
- Scoop 2 big spoons per pancake, one on top of the other. Add some water in the pan far from the pancake and cover with a lid.
- Cook for two minutes, then open de lid and add another scoop and, if there is no water left, another spoon of water. Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes
- After the time has passed, turn them carefully, add some water and let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Plate with your favourite toppings!
Optionally, you can add some chocolate or filling in between scoops, but it should be too much or it will be difficult for the pancake to rise.